Friday, 11 February 2011
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- filling (prepared poppy seeds, chocolate chips, jam, halvah)
- In a large bowl, with a mixer set on medium speed, beat flour, baking powder, salt, margarine, sugar, water, and vanilla. Add a small amount of water if necessary to smooth (I added about 1/4 cup more water).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out 3" circles with cookie cutters.
- Place spoonfuls of desired filling into center of each circle and fold into triangular shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Baking time may vary depending on your oven.
- Chill overnight.