Friday, 14 November 2008
- 10 large carrots; peeled, diced
- 2 medium potatoes cubed
- 3 yams, or sweet potatoes Peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 large pitted prunes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 2 cups orange juice
- Place ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat,stirring often,for about 50 minutes.
- If the tzimmes gets dry, slowly add a little water at a time and mix well. It is done when you can easily break the carrots with a fork.